Thursday, May 28, 2015

It has been a busy year, and the move to Johannesburg has created many different problems for me - firstly I had to get used to city life and also moving into a much much smaller studio!!!  And then I seemed to flounder with my work - so much stimulation after being in the bush and just getting on with a painting!!!  Does anyone know what I mean?  Everywhere I looked there was wonderful art, and so many styles that I wanted to do, and somewhere I lost me!!!!  Eventually I had to sit back and say whoa, what are you doing and what is it YOU want to do.  So after a lot of meandering I hope that I am back on my path - but one good thing that has come out of this is that I have been experimenting with what appeals to me and I discovered pastels, which I am loving.  I am now going to post a few of my paintings that I have done over the year and I hope that you enjoy my journey of discovery.


Ground Hornbill Study

Lion Cub


Kalahari Sunset

Little house in the Karoo

Mr Attitude
The Hayfields

No comments: